Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dancing tree




Down by the tennis courts this lovely tree has been catching my eye for a while. I think it's a cherry tree, although I'm not that good at tree identification. Apparently this area was all cherry orchards sixty or more years ago, and many back yards still have the old trees there. This one has the most beautiful sweeping branches. It looks like they're swirling around themselves in a dance. They were beautiful in the winter when the tree was bare but now they're swathed in white and are just lovely. I actually lay down on my back in the wet grass to get the second shot. The dogs thought that it was great fun and jumped all over me.

1 comment:

  1. Nice...I always think that cherry trees look like brides in frothy lace. The swirling branches are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.