Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My new iMac

I've spent the last couple of days getting to know my new iMac. It's been a frustrating but in the end satisfying experience. Not that I'm new to Macs--I happily converted about five years ago when I bought a Mac Mini. But it had limited space and I guess I filled it up. It was getting so slow that when I clicked on a key to wake it up, the screen went black for about three minutes while it figured out how to open up its files.

So we got a new iMac and I spent several days trying to get the data from one to the other. Of course there were glitches, one that required a telephone call to a very nice young man at the Apple Care call centre. It seems that when I hooked up the two computers via ethernet line the new mac also hooked up by wireless with two other computers in the house belonging to my university student tenants. Odd, even he couldn't tell me how to delete them. Then I was totally freaking out because I couldn't import the photo library from my old computer. And in trying to do so I somehow converted the files to the 2009 format so I couldn't even open them on the old one. But in the end it all worked out and I am pleased. The new one is so much faster, bigger, prettier, cleaner and brighter. It just makes my desk time that much more satisfying. Look for more, bigger, better blog posts. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments.