Monday, June 29, 2009

Mellow Yellow California poppies





I'm on a roll these days with photos of California Poppies. I generally think of them as orange but you can see here that they come in a variety of colours. These three are predominantly yellow. (Isn't that cream one lovely?) These are my offering for Mellow Yellow Monday.

I just love these flowers and have fond memories of driving through fields of them along the Mendocino coast of California. There are lots blooming wild in Victoria too.

Here's hoping there's a spot of brightness in your Monday. Find more mellow yellow photos here.

9 comments:

  1. I love poppies, don't know if I've ever seen any but red.

    Beautiful!


    Mellow Yellow Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mendocino memories are exactly where California poppies take me. Thanks for the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely... I always love the delicate petals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're beautiful. Thanks for the inadvertent reminder to record The Wizard of Oz. It's on this Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poppies are one of my favourites - but I have never seen yellowy ones until now (you are the second I've seen to post some!). Nice shots you've taken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the orange yellow in the poppies, quite a beautiful sight

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the poppies! Their petals look so papery thin. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...beautiful flowers..happy mym.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.