Sunday, July 26, 2009

Today's flowers - Lace Cap Hydrangea





Well since I'm always taking photos of flowers I thought I'd join this meme. The idea is to post a flower of the day on Sunday.

Today's flower is a Lace Cap Hydrangea. When we moved into our house three years ago this bush was a stunted little thing. But a bit of care and extra watering has made big changes. This year it's full of beautiful lacy mauve and blue blooms. I love the way you can get two or more colours of flower on the same shrub with the hydrangea.

If you'd like to see other folks' flower photos, check out Today's Flowers here.

8 comments:

  1. Joanna welcome! I adore this color in hydrangeas..I have annabelles and some pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lace caps - much prettier than the big pom-pom ones. We had a big blue one on 4th st.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello joanna! I love the color very beautiful, nice for decoration, thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanna, welcome to Today's Flowers. I am so happy to meet you and want to thank you for participating. Your LaceCap is truly a beautiful share. I hope you will join us again next Sunday. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least I know where to come for a pick me up on Sundays now.

    The hydrangeas are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Joanna, love it the lilac color and your flowers are very nice and romantic view..nice week

    graceolsson.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.