Sunday, March 21, 2010

Salsa made at the table


The other night we went out to a really lovely restaurant in the old town.  We sat at a table for two in a romantic courtyard and had a fabulous dinner.  But the best part was the salsa made at our table.  The white coated waiter brought a tray of ingredients including fire roasted tomatoes and chiles, onions, garlic, cilantro and lime.  Then he ground it together in the traditional stone molcajete.  I have to tell you--it was divine.  And it was complimentary as well.  If you're ever in Mazatlan, I recommend Topolo's Restaurant and Wine Bar.

3 comments:

  1. joanna - i'm about to head out on my bike to start back to school. it's minus two. salsa . . . a gorgeous courtyard, warmth, and sunshine!!! sing to me!!!! what a lovely place. steven

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love salsa! To have it made special - just for me - what a treat!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.