Thursday, May 6, 2010

Caffe Fantastico


We've been all over the west side of the USA and into Mexico and we've never yet found a latte that equals one from Victoria's own Caffe Fantastico.  This coffee is so rich and smooth and sweet that I don't even need any sugar with it.  (And that's unusual for me).

The people at the Fantastico are obsessive about coffee roasting--to the point that they won't allow fragrance in their shop, and they will refuse to make certain drinks.  All their coffees are doubles and so I order a "half-caff latte in the biggest take-out cup" to get it the way it like it, not too dark.   Sometimes the barrista will politely suggest that it might be a little weak but I tell them that's how I like it.  And it's not weak at all.  Compared to other burned coffees or weak lattes I've had, this is like nectar.

And look how artistically they create a design in the top.  If you're ever in Victoria, make sure you find the Fantastico and check out their coffee.  It's not a fancy place but the clientele is varied and interesting and the coffee is the best I've ever found.


4 comments:

  1. I'm a bit fussy about my lattes. The best one I've found is in a shop in Charlottesville, Virginia, but for the life of me, I can't recall the name of the place. Hmm.

    That is a pretty latte you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right Rudee, it's an artistic statement. And so delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty enough - and a great description - to get me drinking coffee again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanna

    I agree with you that a good coffee is a great find to be cherished...even better when in a china cup rather than paper...and with 2 jaffas on the side... as I became accustomed to in NZ

    Happy days

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.