Monday, September 13, 2010

The circus is in town






Well, actually, it was in town.  Cirque du Soleil came to Victoria over the weekend and we went to see the show.  It was my first time seeing this world-famous company and it was everything I could have hoped for.  The show was a mesmerizing combination of music, dance, clowns and acrobatics--all with a very European flavour.  The title was Alegria, the Spanish word for joy, and it was a joyful thing to see.  I didn't really follow the story but it didn't matter at all. 

The performers (dancers, acrobats, and clowns) are so talented that they just carried the show.  It's amazing to see what they can do with their bodies.   Here are two young woman contortionists. We were lucky enough to be only three rows back from the front of the stage.  It was fabulous.


If you want to see more here's a link to their U-tube video.  And if you get a chance to attend a performance I think you won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to see the show. I'm not sure if it's the same group I saw in Montreal, but the show was impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! joanna i've only ever seen this on video but it's truly incredible, phantasmagorical - circus as you would imagine it. steven

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.