Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Renovations are hard



OK, I admit it.  I'm whining here.  It's just that we've been working on the main floor of the house on Yukon for five and a half weeks now--and we're still in the destruction and chaos mode.  I spent three weeks just on  the kitchen cupboards and that's only the insides.  The kitchen still looks like this.


At this rate I think we may not be finished until next summer.  The plan is to upgrade the apartment and then put the house up for sale.  Now that we've ripped things out there's no going back though.  It just has to be head down and push forward.  Tonight I am tired because I've been up and down a stepladder sanding the flaking paint off the bathroom ceiling.   Time for bed; tomorrow is another day of renovation work.

6 comments:

  1. joanna - we did a kitchen, a wrap around deck and a family room this summer. it's exhausting, exhilarating work. one day it all gets done and then you wonder how you managed!! steven

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so understand your pain !

    My x is an architect/builder that always renovated every home we lived in and after all the agony of living through that he would sell and we moved on to the next one.
    Never to really enjoying the finished home.
    Gets old really fast.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, ceiling work is so-o hard. I remember when we renovated the kitchen here. What a mess for weeks. But then, one day, it all seems to magically pull itself out of chaos. Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like hard work but your finished product is looking very good! Hope you get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Steven, your summer projects do indeed sound exhausting. It's all worth it in the end I think.

    Parsnip, it would be so hard to do all that work and not be able to enjoy it. Like you say: really old!

    Stephanie, thanks for understanding about the ceilings. They are so so hard. I'm seeing a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

    Barb, thanks for your comment. I'm actually going to take a couple days away so I will get a bit of a rest.

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love renovations.. can't wait to see what you do! and being able to enjoy it when your done is a good thing too..

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.