Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 2, Lights



Perhaps the thing I like best about this time of year is the lights.   It's wonderful walking through the misty darkness at suppertime and seeing the brightness.  I can't say that I like the new LED lights though.  To me they're just gloomy and weird looking.  The photo above is taken through the leaded glass of my front door and its homemade wreath, to the lights on the outside of the house.  

I haven't tried taking many photos of lights but this one from the truck parade pleased me with its abstract lines of color.    You can see more images of lights here

5 comments:

  1. I am completely with you about the LED lights ~ I don't like them at all! But I do think your images are lovely ;-) ~ Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree about the LED lights. I stocked up this year because I am afraid soon I won't be able to find anything else. Love the parade lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanna, No doubt your Holidays will be merry and BRIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree about the LED lights. I understand they are suppose to be "green" but I don't like them at all. When I walk by them it seems like a laser beam into my eyes.

    I bought some tiny regular lights for my indoor tree and I will use them till they burn out.

    I bought some C-8 regular lights to put in my citrus trees when we get our few freeze evenings next month. They give off just enough heat to help. Everyone in Tucson is stockpiling them for future plant use.

    I really am enjoying your light photos. So perfect of the Holidays.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.