Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Smiling faces in the garden


These cheeky faces are outside my kitchen window on this gray day--reminding me that spring is really here.  To me these mini-daffs are quintessential spring.  Whenever I find pots of them marked down in the grocery stores because the blooms are dying I buy them and stick them in my flower beds.  They come back year after year to remind us of sunshine ahead.

I'm joining this post up with the Garden Tuesday meme over at Sidewalk Shoes.  Every Tuesday we get to share photos from the garden.  It's a natural for me, since I'm always photographing plants.


10 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up! Your daffodils are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful !

    Ok, question... when you buy the dying bloom plants, do you plant them right away ? or put them aside and plant them in the fall for the spring ?
    Not that this would work where I live but just so interesting.
    What a great idea.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Parsnip,
    Yes I just stick them in the garden. I never thought that you wouldn't have daffodils there. I guess they need a period of cold to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popping in from Pam's!

    We used to have tons of daffodils, but they disappeared after we had some footer drain work done near the living room. Nothing is blooming here yet, so it was nice to see your sunny plants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, daffs scream spring! Such happy plants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Until last week I did not know daffodils had a nice flowery smell. Yours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. joanna thanks for the daffodil insight. i'm so loving their faces . . . i'll see what happens at the store. steven

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your adoption of baby wanning mini daffodils.
    i will forever think of you when i see them hopeful and waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Hello I'm a new follower. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't that a wonderful way to 'grow' the bulbs in the garden? I like the tiny irises, too.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.