Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Running in circles

I can't believe it's been ten days since I posted here.  Well, actually I can believe it because I've been running as fast as I can just to keep up.  We got through the annual spring dog walk with about half the helpers we usually have.  Still mopping up from that one.  We're calling it the monsoon dog walk because we held it in a muddy field in the pouring rain.  Needless to say the attendance was down...but at least it's over. Hooray!

Now we're finishing the Yukon Street job.  We've been going flat-out on that one too.  Thank goodness we've had Harry's son Ben to help us.  The goal is for completion at the end of the week so it will be ready for the new tenants who take possession at the end of the month.  This week we're doing some outside painting and deck finishing with the goal of having a little deck party there on the weekend.

That leaves us just over a week to prepare for our magical trip to Italy.  At least I hope it will be magical (if we can find time to get packed and ready, that is).  I'll be spending my 65th birthday in Florence, Italy just seventeen days from today.  There are still a lot of preparations for this one as we're leaving the house and the dogs with dog sitters and we have to move Jamie with the cast on his foot into our basement suite.  So if you're wondering where I am and what I'm doing this gives you an idea.

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to read and post to your blogs.  It's just that I've been running in circles.  I've been too  too busy to blog.  

The photo above is of a sculpture called Running in Circles.  It's created from sticks!  Check out this blog to learn more.  This guy is amazing.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, spending your birthday in Italy sounds fabulous!! I hope you have an amazing trip. And a very Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a life you lead! steven

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I love that photo. It's so interesting.

    What an exciting place to celebrate your birthday. Safe journeys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture almost looks like something from "Where the Wild Things Are." It's too cool! Have fun in Italy; it's an absolute blast. Where in it are you going?

    Ava

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is amazing art in nature. Spring and summer really can be a busy season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ava,
    We're going to Florence, Venice, the hill towns of Tuscany, Rome and Cinque Terra. It will be a sight-filled month.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.