Thursday, September 29, 2011

Some foods from Italy

I'm preparing to make some foods with the peppers, apples and peaches we brought back from our trip to the Okanagan.  In doing so I took a look again at some of the photos from our trip to Italy in June. These are an inspiration to me for my new approach to cooking and eating.



Here are three incredible plates of food  we had for lunch one day--risotto with peas, timbale and a salad with oranges, fennel and olives.


More salads and pizza.  The bottom one is an Italian favorite called Pizza Quattrostaggione.

These delicious pasta purses were served to us at a lovely restaurant just outside Lucca.    
                                                     

And last, but not least--gelato.  We had this delicious Italian ice cream each and every day we were there.  Harry loved the lemon but I tried absolutely every kind possible.  After eating gelato we have completely lost our taste for ice cream.  I'm researching recipes for peach gelato.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely !
    But now I am very hungry...
    Can you find the right ingredients ? or will you just try to adapt the recipes with the what you can find around Victoria in the winter ?

    At my home we eat Japanese and Korean inspired food often and stay away from the heaver Mexican food that is so available here.

    The salad of fennel, olives and oranges sounds wonderful.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.