Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Finding allies


Now that I'm back from Italy and have withdrawn from my intense involvement with Citizen Canine, I'm finding time to get involved in something really important to me--the fight against oil tankers on British Columbia's north coast.


Just now I've downloaded a kit from The Dogwood Initiative that will help me go out and find allies in this fight.  There have been some protests here that were quite well attended but that's not enough to turn back the push from Alberta and the Canadian Government to pipe Alberta oil to our coast where tankers will take it to China.  British Columbia doesn't even benefit from this scheme and yet our coast is at risk.  I think it's a lunatic idea and I'm going to do what I can to help stop it.


I'm doing this for our rivers and streams, for the salmon, for all the beautiful islands up and down the coast and for our children's children.  To win this we have to get hundreds of thousands of people to say no to more tankers on our coast.  If you want to help, you can click on the link  to sign a petition and to find out more.

Seems to me this is a pretty worthwhile way to spend my time in the late fall of 2012 when the world is getting crazier by the minute.

2 comments:

  1. Good Post! I hope the ones with all the power wake-up before it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new important project.
    You live in a truly wonderful place and people need to wake up before it is too late.
    I will read the link but since I'm not Canadian I don't know if I have a say.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.