Thursday, March 28, 2013

Garden work


Now that the weather has warmed up we've all been inspired to get out into the back yard and do some work.  Even Sue (who lives in our downstairs suite) has got into the act. She's an avid gardener and has offered to take on the vegetable garden which has been sadly neglected the past two years. We are lucky to have her expertise and good company. 










Meanwhile Harry is prettying up the garden shed by adding window trim and straightening up the grape arbour.


And as for me, I've been reading up on pruning through Cass Turnbull's marvelous book and have been cutting back the grapes and tidying up the plum tree.




I guess we can safely say that the season of garden work has begun.  We enjoy it when the weather's nice and it beats paying to exercise at the gym.



1 comment:

  1. This weekend is supposed to be great for the start to gardening! I'm all ready to get out there.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.