Friday, November 8, 2013

Inspired to drink green juice



I'm probably way behind in hearing about this,  but I just watched a movie called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, that extols the benefits of drinking fresh fruit and vegetable juice.  If you haven't seen the movie, it follows an Australian guy on a trip across America for a sixty day program of having nothing but juice.  On the way he meets a 400+ pound truck driver who also signs on. And looses over 200 pounds. Both of them also end up off all medications and feeling great.



Well, I'm not one to follow diets but I thought I'd like to try this experiment to see if it might help me with knee and hip pain from my osteoarthritis and at the same time lose a few pounds.



Today I got my juicer on sale and tried a juice of kale, spinach, celery, cucumber, green apples, lemon and ginger.  Just delicious.  The thing I liked most about it was the sense that enzymes and healthy nutrients were being absorbed into my body.

I think I might start with a three day cleanse, as featured here on Dr. Oz.  You have to work up to this one with a few days of eliminating heavy proteins and dairy and adding in hot water with lemon and ginger and herbal tea.  I think I can do this and I'd like to try.

I'll keep you posted.



3 comments:

I really appreciate your comments.