Saturday, April 19, 2014

Quite some time ago

My childhood friend Heather posted this on her Facebook page and it brought back memories from when I was 12 years old.  That would be in 1958!

Three of us are posed in front of Heather's house with our bikes.  I'm the chubby-faced one on the right with the too-big jeans, the too-big bike and the saddle shoes.  I'm not sure why it is that I'm the shortest one but my bike is the biggest. Maybe it's just that the sidewalk slopes down?  It didn't seem to bother me then though, so I'm trying not to obsess about it now.

I remember that bike.  I saved up my money and bought it for $27 when I was nine years old.  Just think how it must have dwarfed me then.  I had that bike until I was fourteen. 


I think we were in grade 6 in this photo and heading out to the Commonwealth Pool at UBC where we used to go swimming. Heather and I were best friends from Grade 1 through grade 7 when my family moved away.  We reconnected about 15 years ago and were able to pick up from where we were.  Isn't it wonderful to have friends like that!


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely photo and I do NOT think your chubby. You look darling.
    Yes it is wonderful to have friends like that.
    Some photos are like that you can almost feel the day.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.