Thursday, June 19, 2014

Kingfisher Resort and Spa

My sweet sister took me up-island to the Kingfisher Spa as a birthday treat.  It's a special spot on the east coast of Vancouver Island. We had a terrific time. It's been a long time since we've traveled together and it was really fun.


Here are few images from our two days there.


Wine and appies on the terrace looking out to the ocean.



Some photos from our beach walk.



A view of the gardens at the Kingfisher. We had a lovely dinner in the restaurant at the left one evening.


I'm not sure what this amazing flower is, but I love it.



This is the entrance to the spa at the Kingfisher. It features something quite unusual, the Hydropath. It's a man-made cave looking like sandstone caverns, housing seven different water features to immerse yourself in. There were mineral pools, rivers to walk in, waterfalls to sit under, steam baths, mud baths and more.                                       
You can read about it here. My favourite was the hot mineral pool with the lukewarm rainfall overhead. Heavenly! What a lovely treat it was to spend some time at this beautiful and relaxing place with Jan.



2 comments:

  1. I saw your birthday on my Calender but I forgot to send you an e-mail. Aurg !
    But I am happy your had a fun day with your sister.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.