Saturday, July 19, 2014

A pink and a blue painting



In the past two months I haven't done much painting but I've found a bit of a groove with a very simple composition that I'm working on with different colours.

Here are two paintings that I like, one is pink...







It's done on a birch cradle that was gessoed to cover over an earlier painting so there is some texture showing through. It's 16 x 16 inches.



And the other painting is blue....








Well, blue and green I guess. To me it reads blue. This is only 12 x 12" and is done on Terraskin, a kind of art paper made from clay. The surface is very slick and the paint moves easily on it, which creates quite a different effect than the one above.

My plan is to do some more work in the square format with this simple compositon and work with different colour selections.  





2 comments:

  1. I particularly like that second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink painting has some interesting colors bleeding through. I especially like the yellows green and hint of orange showing.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.