Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Studio space

Well I've taken a big step today.  I signed up to rent a studio space in a communal arrangement with eight other artists.  It was a spur of the moment thing but I think a door opened for me today. I had been talking to Lynda, a fellow artist in my abstract painting group about possibly renting a studio where she paints. She's part of this cooperative, which is actually less than five minutes walking distance from our home.

Today she emailed me to say that there was a studio available and it was mine if I wanted. It's very reasonable and it will be so exciting to have a larger dedicated space and to be working with other artists.  Only yesterday I was thinking of slowing down with the painting because I've been spending so much time and energy getting ready for these shows. But today things aligned with this studio and this afternoon I was sitting the gallery at our group art show and another of my paintings sold. This is the one that sold.  It's a favourite of mine and it's going to a woman in my book club so I'll even get to see it from time to time.

This is a sketchy photo of the painting taken with my cell phone--but you can get an idea of it.


I guess the universe is confirming that I'm on a good path. I'll post photos of the building, 1580 Cook Street and the studio space soon.


4 comments:

  1. I love this one too.
    Congratulations and how fabulous for you.
    Off to google your new studio.
    Is it your own space or one big room.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a building with seven small rooms and a larger exhibition space that can be rented out or used by the group for shows. I't exciting, although it's going to be a couple of months before I can move in as we're going to be away in January and February.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a good arrangement for you.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.