Monday, February 13, 2017

This is community



Our friends Bill and Jackie live on a lovely old street near downtown Victoria. Jackie has built a little street library box where neighbours put books they've finished with for others to pick up and read. This is pretty common on many streets near here.  But today, being the day before Valentine's Day, they got together with a couple of neighbourhood kids and filled the library box with valentines bouquets and handmade cards. Don't you wish you lived on that street?  What a wonderful community!

Happy Valentines Day to all, wherever you live. Valentines Day is a wonderful celebration of love in all its forms. Here's to love and community.

2 comments:

  1. awwww I have thought of putting a Street Library in for several years but my street is so out of the way. On the other hand people who walk here might spread word of where it is . Just do not know.
    I adore your friend and helpers. What fun for all. Yes, I would love to live there.
    On my blog I sent out a very Tucson greeting.

    Happy Valentines Day to you.
    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.